Competition for the award “Bridges of Struga” 2014
International Poetry Award “Bridges of Struga” 2014
International Poetry Festival “Struga Poetry Evenings”
Promotion of the World Poetry Day in collaboration with UNESCO
Conditions for participation in the competition for the award:
- •Debutant books of young poets (under the age of 35)
- •The candidates should send 5 copies of the book with which they are planning to compete in the competition , as well as at least 5 poems translated in English to the address of the Struga Poetry Evenings (P.O. box 109, 6330 Struga, Republic of Macedonia, firstname.lastname@example.org) or through the National Commission for UNESCO of the member state.
- •The final date for book arrival to the address of SPE is February 28th 2014. The application may be submitted in electronic version to the address of SPE email@example.com, whereupon the book should be in digital format, and the printed version of the book should arrive to the address of SPE no later than March 5th 2014.
- •The National commissions of UNESCO are invited to receive the applications and notify the Struga Poetry Evenings about that;
- •The award includes a statuette, monetary sum and publishing of the book of the poet-laureate translated into Macedonian.
- •The laureate will be announced on the World Poetry Day, March 21st 2014;
- •The poet-laureate will be invited to participate in the edition of the International Poetry Festival “Struga Poetry Evenings”, in Struga, the same year (end of August 2014), where the award will be handed out during the “Bridges” Manifestation.
Struga Poetry Evenings and UNESCO
International Poetry Festival
“ Struga Poetry Evenings “
P.O. Box 109
Republic of Macedonia
Tel +389 46 786 270